Tucson International Alliance of Refugee Communities, Inc. (TIARC) is a Mutual Assistance Association (MAA).
Our mission is to promote the integration and development of refugee/immigrant communities and mutual assistance associations (MAAs) in our community.
Members of Vietnamese, former Soviet Union, former Yugoslavia, Laos, and Angolan refugee communities organized TIARC in the summer of 1995, with the assistance of the Pima County Adult Education Program. Tucson International Alliance of Refugee Communities, Inc. (TIARC) was incorporated as a non profit 501 (3) c in March of 1997.
The purposes of the Corporation is:
(1) To promote the adjustment and integration of refugees and immigrants into our community.
(2) To strengthen refugee/immigrant communities through education and training, technical assistance, cultural preservation, civic engagement, and leadership development.
(3) To develop linkages between refugee/immigrant communities and mainstream organizations and associations.
(4) To promote better understanding and cooperation within and among communities.
(5) To advocate on the local, national, and international levels on issues of importance to refugee/immigrant communities.
TIARC is currently serving refugees from Vietnam, Cambodia, Former Soviet Union, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Serbia, Kosovo, Cuba, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Sudan, Somalia, Liberia, Burundi, Congo, DR Congo, Rwanda, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Equatorial Guinea, Burma, Bhutan and others.
Pima County Juvenile Court
What If My Children
A Video Guide for Parents
In Dependency Cases